We get this question a lot. So, we decided to lay out what the initial steps of working with us look like.
Typically, our clients bring us in to optimize, increase, or even create from scratch a sales operation that will bring them paying clients. And we do that in just 4 steps.
Step 1: Discovery
We start by analyzing your business’s current situation and where you want to go.
We start off by looking at your goals, and then we do the research to see if they are reasonable, and if so how to implement them.
Typical goals could be that you sell currently in the NY tri-state area and want to expand along the East Coast. Perhaps your IoT product is selling really well across the country, and now you want to test the waters by selling abroad. Or, you have no Sales department or processes at all and want us to build an operation from scratch.
Step 2: Analyzing Your Solution
Next, we dive into your solution.
- What is it we will be selling?
- What problem does your product or service solve and for whom?
- Who are you selling it to and why?
- Who are your competitors, and how does your product compare to theirs?
- What are the problems you’ve run into so far with your sales efforts?
- What are the potential barriers that will prevent us from selling?
Step 3: Go To Market Strategy
This step is the most crucial – it helps us understand why your sales efforts have not been as successful as you imagined so far. Or, if you haven’t started selling yet, it’s the blueprint for a successful sales strategy.
The GTM section is the most intensive and can be further broken down into the following segments:
- The Money Questions: What is the market cap for your product globally and other financial questions.
- Product/Market Fit: Here we analyze your solution to see if there are other markets (geographies, niches, industries, verticals etc) you haven’t considered where we can sell your product instead/as well. Where are the best markets to sell your product in terms of demand, competition, ease of commerce, etc. Are there other markets that make more sense to target?
- Target Audience: Who will we be selling to? Industry, company size and occupation, the personas within those companies etc.
- Road to Sale: What is the optimal way to sell your product? Should we hire salespeople to start pounding the phones for you? Build an outsourced sales team?find partners/integrators/distributors? Open subsidiaries?
As the end result of this stage, we’ll have an informed plan (not estimates or guesses) of what we should be doing and how. We will also know how much it will cost be able to describe expected outcomes.
Step 4: Building & Training Your Sales Team
After taking an informed look at the optimal way to sell, we will build your operations and related infrastructure. If you already have salespeople in-house, not a problem, we will train and manage them.
Actions we’ll take at this step include:
- Creating a script for salespeople & working with them to get it right.
- Building templates and other marketing materials the salespeople will need.
- Generating leads, going over leads that you already have.
- Teaching what a qualified lead is and how to get to them on the phone.
- Daily monitoring of performance – and adjustments as needed.
- Ongoing training
Then, we hit the ground running and start bringing you warm leads that want to buy.
Make sense? Let’s get started.